Interviews will be scheduled. These are primarily an opportunity for the Tau Beta Pi members to get to know you, but will also be used to assess your character and what you may bring to the organization. It is important that the information packet be turned in on time so that the members can learn about you before the interview. We will schedule interviews by e-mail during the weeks prior to the interviews. A one-time lifetime membership fee of $100 (made payable to “UCSD Tau Beta Pi”) is due at the interview. This fee covers chapter operating costs, dues to TBP national headquarters, cost of Initiation materials, and the initiate banquet. There are no membership dues beyond this one-time fee. Business attire is required.
A ceremony will be held. Initiation is mandatory. If you are not initiated, you will not become a member of TBP.
These are the dates that are especially important to know for the initiation process; please check the website or the weekly emails for the dates of particular events.
Candidate Packets due
- Please submit your packets to CSI (formerly SOLO) Mailbox C-45 or mail to address on Info Sheet handout by the due date
- We will be conducting individual interviews with each candidate – business attire is required!
- Initiation is mandatory any electee unable to make it to initiation will not be able to initiate this term!
- Please bring your completed point verification form and initiation fees
- Business attire is required!